Friday, March 13, 2009

Interesting.

So Ken Starr and Viet Dinh think that Congress has the authority to give DC a voting seat in the House.

Let's dispense with the Constitutional argument first. This is the first defense of the idea that I have seen as yet, and I think it's a pretty good one. I need to give it some thought, but it's intriguing.

However. Viet Dinh and Ken Starr? I have no major objections to Mr. Starr, but I think the pairing is odd. Dinh (disclaimer: a professor at my law school) is the architect of the Patriot Act. Starr was the chief prosecutor of Clinton's impeachment.

Is this really the illustrious pair, politically speaking, that should be teaming together to make this argument?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it goes through, all the licence plates will have to change...

ColumEx said...

That's a fair point. Never thought of that.