Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Say It With Me

"Just electing a black man will go a long way to convincing the rest of the world that America isn't as backwards as they think."

How many times did I hear that as a reason to vote for Obama during the campaign? Plenty.

So I point you to this little tidbit. I wish to remind anyone who believed that of the following: there are people around the world who truly hate us, and will no matter who we elect. These people want nothing but to see us burn. They are our enemies, and they have declared war on us. It's time we stop pretending that we can make them feel better if we're just more tolerant and understanding.

And, for any of you who, as liberals, chuckled when you saw a muslim crowd waving anti-Bush banners, chanting for his death and/or burning him in effigy—I want you to know that I do NOT find this funny. Political philosophies aside, Obama is about to become the President of the United States of America. You don't mess with my mama, and you don't mess with my POTUS.

No comments: